800 | 834 | 2323
It is important to hire a trustworthy, professional and qualified independent construction professional to provide your Board with litigation support during this process. Because attempts will be made to resolve issues with the developer during the litigation process it is paramount that proper evaluation and monitoring are taking place.
We negotiate with the developer with the goal of finalizing a settlement offer without your Association ever having to go to trial.
Hiring OCBS to provide litigation support means that you will have a construction expert on your side; somebody who you can trust to look out for your Association’s best interests by getting the most out of your settlement.
We begin by performing an extensive investigation of your property & reviewing of all of the pertinent information, including:
- Development of a budget for investigation & testing of the property
- Examination of all expert reports, homeowner correspondance & service reports
- Provision to Homeowners of an extensive questionnaire to verify all repairs needed
- Assembly of a team of experts to perform a thorough inspection of your property. This is documented from start to finish.
- Scheduling & monitoring of all on-site inspections & testing of your property
Once all relevant data has been collected, we are ready to move forward in assessing your settlement, including:
- Assisting law firms to facilitate a swift process
- Development of preliminary & final defect lists
- Establishment of a cost estimate for the repairs needed
- Calculation of liability percentages on specific contractors for the peripheral party settlement
- OCBS attends all mediation and assists your attorneys in preparing for trial.
- Assistance to the Board in hiring qualified contractors for temporary repairs - saving evidence for your defect lawsuit (if necessary)
OCBS helps you through the entire process, providing assistance with administrative and budgetary details, including:
- Maintaining complete records
- Creation of lot files for each unit on the property
- Database to track all construction defects
- All fees and invoicing for experts, invasive testing & legal council
- Final review
We pride ourselves on our extensive experience in working with builders, homeowners, HOA's and attorneys; professionals who know they can count on OCBS as a non-biased, professional conduit throughout mediation and litigation. OCBS imparts 30 years of construction expertise and a thorough understanding of California construction defect law, making us the perfect source to help you through the litigation process.
Invasive & Non-Invasive Testing
OCBS specializes in a broad range of litigation support, including invasive and non-invasive testing. Our meticulous team of technicians always leave your property in pristine condition. We make the process as quick and painless for you, our client, as possible!
Our workers employ a unique standard in job site etiquette, always upholding the utmost respect for the Homeowner while working on-site. Job-sites are thoroughly cleaned at the end of each work day. Additionally, every technician is uniformed with a company shirt identifying themselves as an OCBS employee - so you can rest easy knowing exactly who is working at your property.
Budgeting, Scheduling, Monitoring, & Documentation
As your project manager, OCBS diligently works to provide you with the highest quality product. Full-service management of your project includes planning, design, construction, commissioning of service experts and closeout. Scope requirements are tailored to fit your Association's budget and construction schedules are developed that make sense for your individual project. Any project constraints or additional resource needs are immediately identified and realistic objectives are established to assist you in meeting your goals. We provide a full-time superintendent whose duties encompass ensuring project quality as well as constant, direct communication with the Board of Directors and Homeowners.
Details from start to finish; you receive thorough documentation of the entire investigation process, from preliminary investigation and including all proceeding testing, investigation, and reconstruction. We provide you with indispensable, detailed information that will be vital to obtaining the settlement that you deserve. Daily, weekly, and monthly job-site reporting includes scheduling, progress reporting, detailed photo records of all repairs, and documentation of all costs from materials to labor.